STN EN 1090 standards are harmonized standards set by European standardization organizations, which set out methods and criteria for assessing the parameters and essential properties of construction products.
STN EN 1090-1+A1: Manufacture of steel and aluminium structures. Part 1: Requirements for conformity assessment of components
STN EN 1090-2+A1: Manufacture of steel and aluminium structures. Part 2: Technical requirements for steel structures
STN EN 1090-3: Manufacture of steel and aluminium structures. Part 3: Technical requirements for aluminium structures
- Manufacturers of metal and aluminium constructions that introduce these products in construction.
- Importers who place construction products on the market.
- Distributors when making a construction product available.
Manufacturers of construction products that manufacture and market steel and aluminium structure:
It is necessary to implement and certify:
- A production control system that meets the requirements of the product standard,
- Rules on declaration of parameters,
- Rules for marking products with the CE mark.
Benefits of implementation and certification according to the requirements of EN 1090
- Expansion of the market towards the European Union.
- Fulfilment of all legal obligations.
- Dealing with any business and technical problems quickly and systematically.
- Increasing the competitiveness of the company.
- Increasing the credibility and reliability of your company and products in relation to customers.
- The possibility to apply products in areas where meeting the requirements of EN 1090 and ISO 3834 in production becomes a basic condition for tenders (e.g. the field of pressure equipment, structural steel structures, etc.).
Road to EN 1090 certification
- Analysis of your company in meeting your needs and requirements of standards of the STN EN 1090 series and in accordance with STN EN ISO 3834 according to a structured questionnaire.
- Ensuring welding supervision by an authorized person (European welding technologist - engineer).
- Specification of the classification of products for which it is advantageous - authorization required.
- Specification of suitable welding methods, types of materials, dimensions of materials and welds suitable for obtaining authorizations.
- Preparation and training of staff to obtain the necessary authorizations and examinations.
- Development of WPS welding procedures.
- Assistance in developing production processes. Preparing the company for the implementation of the requirements of harmonized standards in practice in the form of a model contract.
- Carry out a check on compliance with the principles necessary to obtain certification for the authorization to award the CE mark.
- Preparation of the company for certification audit and participation in the audit.
CeMS will provide you with the following when implementing the standard:
- Preparation of procedures and forms according to the requirements of standards verified in practice.
- Providing consultants with experience from completed audits.
- Help to establish the required procedures and rules.
- Putting in place the procedures that are easy to maintain.
- Ensuring that your products and procedures meet legislative requirements.
- Providing you with a guarantor, an experienced welding engineer with many years of experience.
- Obtaining a certificate.
REGULATION (EU) No 1095/2010 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL 305/2011
ACT of 15 May 2013 on construction products and on the amendment of certain laws
Certification of quality management systems for welding according to ISO 3834